Parents want the best for our children, the best school, best friends, the best job, the best boyfriend or girlfriend … We want happiness and success for our children, however, it is important to keep in mind every day at every moment, that the secret to success is to educate our children early in values and get them to be better people.
Each person has his values, I was my educated among other things in empathy, the phrase my mother was always ‘do not do what you would have them do unto you’. Each parent consider some core values to educate our children, these are mine.
Fundamental values in the education of children
1. Raising children on tolerance: It is important to accept the difference of criteria, opinions, cultures, races and religions. Accept others with their differences is essential to build strong and healthy relationships. It is a value attached to respect.
2. Raising children in responsibility: It is to teach children that everything that is done has positive and negative consequences and that one has to take responsibility for their actions for better and for worse. In addition, this value is linked to the commitment to certain tasks and obligations.
3. Educate children on honesty: Means being honest with yourself and others, do not lie out of fear or convenience, admit mistakes, do things for others without expecting anything in return, be worthy of the trust of others.
4. Raising children in goodness: Teach children to be inclined to do good to others, to be kind to their peers and have a friendly behavior.
5. Raising children to collaborate: Refers to teach basic skills such as sorting room, clearing the table, place your clothes … They are skills that will help children in the future because they are central to the life and future.
6. Raising children in forgiveness: Learn to recognize the error and apologizing is a way to make amends.
7. Educating children on empathy: Get in the side by side, looking at things from the point of view of another person or understand others. Is a definite value to avoid doing harm to others free or understand why others behave a certain way.